The East Carolina Wildlife Arts Festival and North Carolina Decoy Carving Championships is presented by the nonprofit East Carolina Wildfowl Guild. The weekend long event is centered around Washington’s Civic Center at the corner of Main and Gladden Streets with many adjacent areas on Stewart Parkway beside the Pamlico River. The carving competition will be located at the Peterson Building adjacent to the Civic Center and the Wildlife Art and Decoy Auction will beheld at the Washington Yacht and Country Club at 7155 River Road.
The show will kickoff with a special Preview event and Oyster Roast at 6 pm on Friday night, February 7 2014. The Preview is a special event for sponsors. However, for the first time, tickets will also be sold for those interested in a sneak peek at the show. The winning, original artwork for the NC Duck Stamp will be unveiled. Tickets for the event are $40 per person and include your admittance to the show for the weekend. Call 252-948-9415 ext 2 or 3 for tickets.
The entire festival will open to the public at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 8, and will close at 5:00 p.m. The show will reopen at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, February 9, and will close at 4:00 p.m.
On Saturday, February 8, 2014, over one hundred pieces of wildlife art and decoys will be sold at the annual auction. A seafood buffet will be available along with a cash bar. A silent auction will begin at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6:00 p.m. and a live auction at 7:00 p.m. Reservations and prepayment will be required by contacting us at 800-999-3857 ext. 2 or 3 starting January 1, 2014.
Admission to the festival will be $12.00 for a weekend pass for all events. For additional information on any show details, contact us at 800-999-3857 ext. 2 or 3.
Festival Events Include:
- Sponsorship Program with Benefit Packages
- Sponsorship Preview Reception c-hosted by Vantage South Bank
- Over 75 Exhibit Booths Featuring Wildlife Art, Carvings, Photography, Antique Decoys, Pottery, Jewelry, Clothing & More
- Children’s Decoy Painting Competitions
- New & Expanded Carving Competition in the Peterson Building
- Sixteen Carving Competition Divisions
- National Competition for the 2014 North Carolina Waterfowl Conservation Stamp
- Unveiling of the 2014 NC Waterfowl Stamp Original Art
- Retriever Demonstrations
- Educational Exhibits
- Wildlife Art and Decoy Auction
- Raffles and Door Prizes
Please visit the Facebook page and Like the page for up to date information. Facebook