The East Carolina Wildlife Arts Festival and North Carolina Decoy Carving Championships is presented by the nonprofit East Carolina Wildfowl Guild. The weekend long event is centered around Washington’s Civic Center at the corner of Main and Gladden Streets with many adjacent areas on Stewart Parkway beside the Pamlico River. The carving competition will be located at the Peterson Building adjacent to the Civic Center and the Wildlife Art and Decoy Auction will beheld at the Washington Yacht and Country Club at 7155 River Road. Again at this year’s event will be the “Dockdogs” Competition as seen on the Outdoor Channel and ESPN. The Dockdogs events, held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, will be held at Kugler Field at the corner of Hudnell and East Fourth Streets.
The show will begin on Friday, February 8, 2013, with the Dockdogs Competition and a Preview Reception, co-hosted by The East Carolina Bank and the guild, for sponsors and invited guests at The Meeting Place 225 West Main Street, Washington, NC. The entire festival will open to the public at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 9, and will close at 5:00 p.m. The show will reopen at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, February 10, and will close at 4:00 p.m.
On Saturday, February 9, 2013, over one hundred pieces of wildlife art and decoys will be sold at the annual auction. A seafood buffet will be available along with a cash bar. A silent auction will begin at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6:00 p.m. and a live auction at 7:00 p.m. Reservations and prepayment will be required by contacting us at 800-999-3857 ext. 2 or 3 starting January 1, 2013.
Admission to the festival will be $10.00 for a one day ticket (Friday, Saturday or Sunday), or a three day weekend pass can be purchased for $15.00 for all events. Friday will be Dockdogs only, as all other parts of the event will not be opened until Saturday. For additional information on any show details, contact us at 800-999-3857 ext. 2 or 3.
Festival Events Include:
- DockDogs Competition
- Sponsorship Program with Benefit Packages
- Over 75 Exhibit Booths Featuring Wildlife Art, Carvings, Photography, Antique Decoys, Pottery, Jewelry, Clothing & More
- Children’s Decoy Painting Competitions
- New & Expanded Carving Competition in the Peterson Building
- First United Methodist Church Services, Sunday, 8:30 am. Come as you are.
- Thirteen Carving Competition Divisions
- National Competition for the 2013 North Carolina Waterfowl Conservation Stamp
- Unveiling of the 2013 NC Waterfowl Stamp Original Art
- Retriever Demonstrations
- Educational Exhibits
- Wildlife Art and Decoy Auction
- Raffles and Door Prizes
Please visit the Facebook page and Like the page for up to date information. Facebook