The East Carolina Wildlife Arts Festival and North Carolina Decoy Carving Championships is presented by Washington Tourism Development Authority in partnership with the East Carolina Wildfowl Guild. The weekend long event is centered around Washington’s Civic Center at the corner of Main and Gladden Streets. The carving competition will be located at the Peterson Building adjacent to the Civic Center. The North Carolina Estuarium and Festival Park will be featured as venues for the 2014, as well. The Wildlife Art and Decoy Auction will beheld at the Washington Yacht and Country Club at 7155 River Road.
The show will begin on Friday, February 7, 2014, with a Preview Reception. The entire festival will open to the public at 9 a.m. on Saturday, February 8, and will close at 5 p.m. The show will reopen at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, February 9, and will close at 4 p.m.
On Saturday, February 8, 2014, over one hundred pieces of wildlife art and decoys will be sold at the annual auction. A seafood buffet will be available along with a cash bar. A silent auction will begin at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. and a live auction at 7 p.m. Reservations and prepayment will be required by contacting us at 800-999-3857 ext. 2 or 3 starting January 1, 2013.
Admission to the festival will be $10 for a one day ticket (Saturday or Sunday), or a two-day weekend pass can be purchased for $15.00 for all events. For additional information on any show details, contact us at 800-999-3857 ext. 2 or 3.
Festival Events Include:
- Expanded programming at the NC Estuarium
- Over 75 Exhibit Booths Featuring Wildlife Art, Carvings, Photography, Antique Decoys, Pottery, Jewelry, Clothing & More
- Children’s Decoy Painting Competitions
- New & Expanded Carving Competition in the Peterson Building
- First United Methodist Church Services, Sunday, 8:30 am. Come as you are.
- Fourteen Carving Competition Divisions
- National Competition for the 2014 North Carolina Waterfowl Conservation Stamp
- Unveiling of the 2014 NC Waterfowl Stamp Original Art
- Retriever Demonstrations
- Educational Exhibits
- Wildlife Art and Decoy Auction
- Raffles and Door Prizes
- Sponsorship Program with Benefit Packages
Please visit the Facebook page and Like the page for up to date information. Facebook